Wednesday, April 16, 2008

A Piece of Cake



After my recent "Cake Bling" posting I decided I really wanted to find out about current trends in the world of wedding cakes. I asked the creative pastry designer Shirley from Shirley's Sweet Creations to tell us a bit more about what she's been seeing lately when designing custom cakes for her wedding clients.

"In terms of color trends, it's all about BOLD and strong contrasts, lot's of black and white, pink and brown, shades of green." When asked about cake styles that are more popular these days, Shirley said "I'm asked to design one-of-a-kind cakes that reflect the couple's personalities, ethnic backgrounds and interests and hobbies." "I also see a lot of patterns such as damask or lace, I'm also receiving more requests to design Groom's cakes that reflect their hobbies or interests."

Thanks for sharing your cake trend knowledge Shirley, your cakes are almost too gorgeous to eat!

No comments: